The following types of device integrations are supported on the SmartThings ecosystem:
- Cloud-connected devices communicate to SmartThings Cloud through a third-party cloud and a SmartThings Schema Connector or SmartApp Connector.
- SmartThings Schema is the quickest integration method and is recommended for clouds that support OAuth 2.0.
- SmartApp is an option for implementing certain advanced features or customizing your device onboarding UX.
- Hub-connected devices communicate to SmartThings via a SmartThings-compatible hub and Zigbee or Z-Wave.
To integrate a device with SmartThings Cloud:
- Check out our SDKs and samples.
- Build your device integration.
- Test your device.
- Publish your device to make it available on the SmartThings app.