Publishing a device
You can publish a device as SmartThings-certified or SmartThings-compatible.
- SmartThings-certified devices have passed functional testing and a security evaluation, and can be promoted with the Works with SmartThings logo.
- SmartThings-compatible devices have been self-tested and fast-tracked into the catalog.
Works with SmartThings (WWST) certification offers professional, comprehensive testing and grants official certification for your product, allowing you to save valuable development resources and reducing market risk by detecting and resolving issues early on. An approved device is certified and published to the SmartThings catalog within 30 business days.
Approved WWST devices are:
- Tested for reliability with different IoT cloud connections and products.
- Listed on the SmartThings app as certified to work with SmartThings.
- Branded with the Works with SmartThings logo and given premium placement in the SmartThings app.
Learn more about Works with SmartThings certification.
Devices can be registered in our catalog as SmartThings-compatible. Because we do not test these devices, they must pass guided self-testing to be approved.
You are responsible for implementing, self-testing, and verifying the functionality and reliability of your device. An approved Connector is published to the SmartThings catalog within 2 business days.
Approved devices are:
- Listed on the SmartThings app as compatible with SmartThings.
- Available to developers and end-users in the shortest timespan.
Learn more about SmartThings compatibility.