Publishing a device
You can publish a device as SmartThings-certified or SmartThings-compatible.
- SmartThings-certified devices have passed functional testing and a security evaluation, and can be promoted with the Works with SmartThings logo.
- SmartThings-compatible devices have been self-tested and fast-tracked into the catalog.
The Works with SmartThings (WWST) certification program offers you an industry-leading seal of approval from our globally trusted brand. Certification provides you with the ability to use the WWST badge on device packaging and marketing, informing customers that your products are compatible across the entire SmartThings ecosystem.
SmartThings works with a third-party testing service to independently certify products. The agency charges a fee for each device that is certified. The fee is determined by the type of device integration and scope of the certification requirements. An estimation of timelines, deliverables and exact fees are determined by the agency after the devices have been submitted.
Direct-Connected MQTT devices are required to apply for Works With SmartThings certification.
Approved WWST devices are:
- Tested for reliability with different IoT cloud connections and products.
- Listed on the SmartThings app as certified to work with SmartThings.
- Branded with the Works with SmartThings logo and given premium placement in the SmartThings app.
Learn more about Works with SmartThings certification.
Devices can be registered in our catalog as SmartThings-compatible. Because we do not test these devices, they must pass guided self-testing to be approved.
You are responsible for implementing, self-testing, and verifying the functionality and reliability of your device. An approved Connector is published to the SmartThings catalog within 2 business days.
Approved devices are:
- Listed on the SmartThings app as compatible with SmartThings.
- Available to developers and end-users in the shortest timespan.
Learn more about SmartThings compatibility.