The SmartThings ecosystem
Welcome to SmartThings!
The SmartThings ecosystem enables you to build and integrate IoT devices, services, and Automations on SmartThings Cloud.
Use Developer Workspace and our SDKs to build, test, and publish your integrations on the SmartThings catalog. Users can then discover and control your devices using the SmartThings app.
Our ecosystem includes the following components:
- Devices can connect to SmartThings through a third-party cloud, directly to the SmartThings Cloud, or with a SmartThings-compatible hub.
- Automations are WebHook or AWS Lambda functions that allow a user to control their SmartThings ecosystem without manual intervention.
- The SmartThings app is used to configure and control Automations and IoT devices in the SmartThings catalog.
- The new Bixby voice assistant adds voice control and management of devices on SmartThings Cloud without requiring additional development.
- Developer Workspace is a suite of tools designed for adding IoT devices and Automations to SmartThings Cloud.
- The SmartThings API consists of REST APIs that enable you to integrate, control, and monitor IoT devices and services on SmartThings Cloud.
- Create a Samsung Account and log into Developer Workspace.
- View our SDKs, samples, and tutorials.
- Build your Automation or device integration.
- Test your integration by using our guidelines and the SmartThings app.
- Publish a device integration on the SmartThings catalog.
We welcome your feedback. Share your ideas, questions, and suggestions.