Once you have tested your device, you can publish it on the SmartThings catalog. Customers will then be able to access your device in the SmartThings app.
You can publish a device as SmartThings-certified or SmartThings-compatible.
- SmartThings-certified devices have passed functional testing and a security evaluation, and can be promoted with the Works with SmartThings logo.
- SmartThings-compatible devices have been self-tested and fast-tracked into the catalog.
Works with SmartThings (WWST) certification offers professional, comprehensive testing and grants official certification for your product, allowing you to save valuable development resources and reducing market risk by detecting and resolving issues early on. An approved device is certified and published to the SmartThings catalog within 30 business days.
Approved WWST devices are:
- Tested for reliability with different IoT cloud connections and products.
- Listed on the SmartThings app as certified to work with SmartThings.
- Branded with the Works with SmartThings logo and given premium placement in the SmartThings app.
See Request to publish to learn about obtaining certification with SmartThings.
At this time, only cloud-to-cloud devices may be published as SmartThings-compatible.
Currently available with SmartThings app 1.7.19 or later.
Cloud-to-cloud devices can be registered in our catalog as SmartThings-compatible. Because we do not test these devices, they must pass guided self-tests to be approved.
You request to publish a cloud-to-cloud device by submitting its Connector in Developer Workspace. An approved Connector is published to the SmartThings catalog within 2 business days.
Approved devices are:
- Listed on the SmartThings app as compatible with SmartThings.
- Available to developers and end-users in the shortest timespan.
We want to hear from you. Share your ideas, questions, and suggestions.